Thursday, March 31, 2011

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

If you know what this title is from, I'm sorry :) If you don't, consider yourself lucky... Or at least your ears.
Soooooo I skyped with Katie today and she told me I need to update this little booger more than just once a week after I go somewhere cool. So here you are -- a little update of my daily life here in Vichy.
The other day it was wonderful weather (I'm talking like 60s and sunny people) so Ellen and I decided to go have a picnic by the river before class! I made some pasta salad (needs work) but it was pretty dang good!! It was just pasta, bell pepper, onion, mozzarella, and some salt. YUM-OOOOO!!!!! And I of course took my new signature drink, Limonade. Yes, that's how it's spelled because it is French. You can buy it at the grocery store here and it's basically just a carbonated water that tastes like lemonade. I'm in love. I literally bought a giant 6-pack the other day at the store and the lady gave me the weirdest look like I was planning to feed an army or something. Strange. But anyway, we took our food, backpacks, and sunglasses (FINALLY!!!) and just went and sat and ate and enjoyed the beautiful day!! Then we went to France as a Tourist Destination -- best class ever. Tuesday night I had a Skype interview for a MIS scholarship back in the states. It was a total joke because they just asked me a bunch of questions about how I like France and whatnot!! Hahaha I wish all interviews were like that!
Wednesday, I had French class in the morning then came back to the dorm and it was again, a gorgeous day! So I decided to pack some snacks and go hang out by the river again, this time solo. I packed up some red ripe strawberries and my new bag of corn nuts (yeah, buddy) and my limonade :) I also brought along my French magazine that I read - yes, read. I didn't just look at the pictures, Katie. And my camera!! I met a duck and named him Hector. He was sitting on the piece of wood in the water directly in front of me and kept looking at me. I was just waiting for him to come over for a corn nut!! But he didn't... :( He was silly though because he kept standing on just one leg! At one point he stood on one leg and took a nap before his friend came and told him to come with him. Then they both left. There were also a bunch of people out rowing on the river!! That was really cool since we haven't really seen anyone out there since we've been here (granted, it's been freezing until now, but still). It started getting really cloudy and chilly so I decided to go home.
Thursday I had class at 8:30am!!!!!! Ughhhh... But surprisingly it wasn't too bad. After class I took a nap then skyped with Katie for nearly 2 1/2 hours! Hahahahaha love it. Then for dinner I really wanted pizza so I convinced Josh to go with me since BJ didn't want to go for some reason... Haha (love ya, Beej). Ally decided she wanted to come too so the 3 of us went to find some good 'ol pizza in this town. We ended up at a place called "Wok and Pizza" (say it fast and it's funny. HAHAHAHA!) Yes, Chinese and Pizza. Sweet. So we got a giant pizza and some cokes. It was fabulous! :) Just what I wanted! Ellen and I decided we needed to look into things we need to do in Barcelona next weekend [IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL ME!!!!] but all we ended up doing was looking for places to go the weekend after that :) Hahaha we are wanting to go on a wine tour in the Auvergne region (where we are) because they are known for their wine all over the world. Bad news, all of the vineyards are obviously in the country so there aren't trains that go anywhere close and obviously we don't have a car... bummer. But alas!! Travel Agent Ellen and I found some places up north by Tours, France that have excellent wine tours and CASTLES!!!! Google image this baby: Château de la Bourdaisière. It is absolutely breathtaking so we are trying to go there one day and do a wine tour in the neighboring city the next day. They use the grounds of that château to film movies! It's amazing. I still haven't found a cheese tour yet and I am getting very upset because it is the same problem - country and no trains... I'm about ready to buy a vespa.
I've been losing weight like crazy and really just want some fried chicken so if anyone is feeling gracious enough to attempt to mail some chick-fil-a or Canes, I'm always ready to receive a package like that :) Hahahaha I have ranch now thanks to Nico so all I need now is some good 'ol fried chicken!!!! I attempted to make chicken nuggets the other night and they tasted like rubber... I'm wondering if French chicken nuggets aren't really chicken... Hmmmm. One of the many questions I have started asking since being here.
Ummmmm so that's about all I've got for ya, folks. It's late and we are going to run by the river tomorrow morning then go shopping for our Masquerade party tomorrow night so I am going to say bonsoir mes amis and ma famille. J'espère que vous avez un bon vendredi!
Bisous,
Hayley

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that you posted so soon after your other post :) And to think you didn't do anything this week--that thing was a novel! The duck story reminds me of those little kids in Paris that said "quack" but in a French way. Made me laugh this morning! Anyway, keep 'em coming dear--wish I knew what you said in the last sentence. Guess I'll just have to interpret :)

    ReplyDelete